A new Proteomics record: 100’000 precursors in a single run using DIA with Spectronaut

Today at Biognosys its cheers and high-fives all around. Why? Our team has achieved something amazing: they detected and quantified 100’000 precursors in a single run. As far as we know, that has never been achieved and is a new record.

So why is this important? Because it takes us a big step closer to being able to detect full proteomes in a single DIA run with Spectronaut. We know that more than 100’000 detectable peptide species elute in a single run, but the majority is inaccessible to Data-Dependent LC-MS/MS (see this paper).

We set up an HRM-DIA experiment with the aim of getting as many IDs as possible. We used a HeLa standard reference sample and a Q Exactive HF with nLC Easy UHPLC 1000, 50cm Easy Spray Column setup. Analyzing a single 3h run with Spectronaut we detected more than 100’000 analytes out of the ca. 162’000 analytes we deem to be potentially detectable. This really shows that parallel analyte acquisition is superior to serial acquisition.

Keep an eye out for the paper to come and give our guys & girls a virtual high five by clicking on “like”, they deserve it!

×

Let us help you do great proteomics!

Please click here to contact us.